The advancement of minimally invasive surgery requires on going research with project development. The Miami MIS & bariatric surgery fellowship at Baptist Health is vastly involved in research, publications, abstracts, presentation at local, regional and national meetings. To that end, the role of a research/ postdoctoral fellow for the creation, modification and submission of research endeavors is necessary.
The Miami MIS & Bariatric Fellowship offers a Research/ Post Doctoral Fellowship. This fellowship, which has flexibility in duration, focuses on Observation of minimally invasive, bariatric and robotic surgeries at all 3 hospitals within the fellowship. The fellow will be involved in:
- Research meetings with Dr Anthony Gonzalez and his research team
- Monthly Core conferences with clinical fellow, attendings and students
- Monthly Journal Club with clinical fellow, attendings and students
- Creation of research ideas, projects and protocols
- Submission to Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Involvement with creation and editing of procedural videos
- Attendance to Local, Regional or National scientific meetings
This research/ Post Doctoral Fellowship is available via application to Dr Anthony Gonzalez.
Length of fellowship is variable.